Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend excitement

This weekend was quite an interesting one. On Friday we took Ongo's cousin, Daniel, to PCC. We had fun there and really enjoyed watching the new night show, Ha Breath of Life. If you are in Hawaii, I highly recommend seeing it!
Then on Saturday, there was a tsunami warning for us because of the earthquake in Chile. They evacuated people out of the inundation zones and we all eagerly awaited the tsunami. We were glued to the news and were grateful that the waves were not as big as they forecast. It was eerie to see pictures of Waikiki Beach with no one on it and roads completely deserted.
Saturday night/Sunday was our Stake Conference. All the talks on Saturday night were about being prepared--quite a fitting topic! After conference on Sunday, we went home, ate lunch and took naps. It was a nice relaxing Sunday.

Family picture at PCC.


Daddy and Sosiua on the canoe. Caleb was sitting a few rows back with Daniel--I could not see them so there are no pictures of them in the canoe.


A rare picture of Ongo and I not taken by one of us!


A picture of our family and Daniel.


The night show is the story of a boy named Mana and his experiences through life as he journeys through different Polynesian Islands. It is a very touching story.


Tongan dancers


My favorite part of the show is the fire knife dancers. I love watching fire knife dancing. Maybe one day one of my boys will be a fire knife dancer!


Fire knife dancers


Caleb sleeping on the way home after an exciting day.


Sosiua eating a rice cracker after getting home--this boy is ALWAYS eating!

1 comment:

Pearcyfamilyfun said...

Fun!!! I can't wait for trips to PCC!!! HOPE...