Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Memorial Day and Sosiua's Birthday

I am so irritated.  I just posted this long post and when I saved it, it did not save.  What is up with that?  Anyway--I will post, but it will probably not be as detailed as the previous lost post.  I really hate computers sometimes!

Here are some pictures from Memorial Day and Sosiua's birthday.  On Memorial Day, we went to the cemetery to put flowers on Ongo's cousin's grave.  Then we headed up to PCC to get annual passes again.  It has been a while since we went to PCC, so it was fun to be there.

Ongo and the boys at the cemetery.

 

Caleb and Sosiua went fishing in the Tahitian village.  They had fun, but did not catch anything--Caleb was so upset!


You can now also paddle an outrigger canoe.  It was so much fun.

Row, Caleb, row!


I cannot believe that Sosiua is three already!  For his birthday, we had a few people over.  I decided at the last minute to make "Spiderman" cupcakes since Sosiua loves Spiderman.

Caleb, Sosiua, and mommy

Sosiua and mommy coloring the batter blue and red.

The baked product.  I layered the red and blue batter and then swirled in some black batter.

Then I frosted the cupcakes with red and blue frosting.

The finished product.
 

When we asked Sosiua what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said he wanted to "blow out candles". It is nice that he is so easy to please!

Yay!  He did it!





Here is what the cupcakes looked like from the side and inside.  I think that they ended up looking pretty cool.

 

I almost forgot about presents, but Sosiua didn't.  People were getting ready to leave and Sosiua came up to me and said, "Presents?"  Good thing he remembered!

Awww--what cuties!

2 comments:

Liesl said...

Wow, your kids are growing up so quickly! Caleb has longer hair than I have!! Yikes! Miss you, Cara!

Pearcyfamilyfun said...

Mr Sosiua---IS one cute boy!!! He is looking more and more like you Cara!!! He could be a tan little Wiley!!! hehehe Miss you!!